Maui Preparatory Academy provides a superior educational program in a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment. We promote character development, community service, and the values of sustainability. We foster a love of learning while instilling academic excellence, artistic expression, athletic achievement and the skills necessary for success in the 21st century.
We envision a thriving school ‘ohana with a vibrant campus life, progressing towards sustainability, while serving the wider community. Guided by principles of integrity and excellence, our students will reach beyond their perceived level of ability to achieve success. They will become active citizens and responsible stewards of the ‘āina who are committed to improving their world.
Our character and personality as a school community are represented in our fundamental values, beliefs, and attitudes upon which we structure our behavior and decisions:
- Students First… our reason for being and the basic tenet for all decision making.
- Pursuit of Excellence… in everything we try to accomplish ~ working every day to be better than the day before.
- Focus on the Individual… as a reflection of our sense of humanity and concern for the well being of each child.
- Seeking and Appreciating Challenges… to test our resolve, strength, conviction, and maturity.
- Accepting and Appreciating the Differences of Others… allowing us to grow with open minds and kind souls.
- Exemplifying the Highest Moral and Ethical Behavior… in our lives and in our interactions with others.
- Promoting Environmental Stewardship… developing an appreciation for and commitment to preserving our unique island environment.