PREMIER COUNSELING & ADVOCACY IN THE COLLEGE PLACEMENT PROCESS
Maui Prep’s teachers and college counselors are invaluable thinking partners for students in the college/university exploration and application process. While conversations about college begin well before high school, all Maui Prep 10th graders register for a college exploration course that also includes preparation for the College Board PSAT and SAT (as well as the ACT). Maui Prep students have opportunities to attend college fairs on Maui and Oahu and take an optional college tour during the school’s “interim” week (in February). Maui Prep hosts visits from over 50 college admission officers every year.
- Fully accredited by the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) & Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Recognized as one of Hawaii’s most successful Schools of the Future
- 8:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- Maui Prep’s teachers are masters of their disciplines (over 75% of faculty hold advanced degrees)
- A full array of College Board Advanced Placement (AP) classes in the subject areas of English, History, Mathematics, Sciences & Foreign Language
- Formal agreements with several colleges and universities to offer automatic admission through Maui Prep’s College Escalator Program
At the core of Maui Prep’s success is the critical role played by the teacher/student relationship. Teachers and college counselors get to know each student very well. They are not just thinking coaches in the classroom; they become invaluable thinking partners in the college/university exploration and application process. We recognize that college preparation and preparation for adult life beyond college are about much more than building 21st century critical thinking and problem-solving skills; they are about the journey of self-discovery – identifying one’s passions or interests, discovering one’s learning style preferences, and experiencing the power of collaboration with others on common causes.