- Masks will remain optional. Maui Prep will continue to provide masks for faculty or students who do not have a mask at school, but want to use one.
- In the event of a cluster or outbreak, Maui Prep reserves the right to temporarily impose an indoor mask requirement, among other mitigation strategies.
- Maui Prep will no longer investigate individual cases, identify close contacts, nor impose quarantine for those exposed in alignment with Hawaii Department of Health recommendations.
- Should Maui Prep be notified of a positive COVID case, an email will be sent to the affected classes for parents to be aware of the exposure and monitor children for symptoms.
IF YOU ARE SHOWING SYMPTOMS OF ANY ILLNESS:
- Please keep your child home
- You are encouraged to test for COVID-10
Children who exhibit symptoms will be sent home. Maui Prep will not test students on campus.
IF YOUR STUDENT TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID:
If a student, faculty member, or staff member tests positive, the individual must isolate at home for five days.
- Day 0 is your first day of symptoms or a positive viral test.
- Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed or your test specimen was collected.
- The individual may return to school on Day 6 if symptoms are resolving and they are fever-free for over 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Individuals returning to school on Day 6 must wear a mask around others from Day 6 through Day 10. Those unwilling to wear a mask must remain at home for 10 days, regardless of vaccination status.
EXPOSURE TO A POSITIVE COVID CASE:
If a student, faculty member, or staff member has been exposed to an individual who has recently tested positive for COVID and is asymptomatic, quarantining is not required.