- Maui Prep is an independent, coeducational day school offering a college-preparatory program for students in preschool through high school.
- Our school is divided into four robust programs:
- Maui Prep welcomed 18 middle school students in 2005. Classes were originally held in banquet spaces in the now-demolished Kapalua Bay Hotel.
- Maui Land & Pineapple Company donated the 20 acres of land and existing buildings for the development of the school.
- Total students enrolled (Preschool through 12th): 298
- Accreditation: WASC, HAIS, and NAIS
- Campus: 20 acres
- Faculty members with advanced degrees: 63%
- Students in the class of 2023: 23
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 9:1
- Average class size (2022-2023)
- K-5th: 19 students
- 6th-8th: 18 students
- 9th-12th: 23 students
- National Merit Finalists: 1 (2020)
- Students receiving need-based assistance: 25%
- Merit-based awards: $56,000
Curriculum and Scholarship
- Our curriculum offers a broad knowledge base in math, science, world languages, English, and history. It is enriched by electives in music, theater, visual media, and competitive sports.
- Experiential, hands-on, and inventive courses and electives include class trips, robotics, and maker spaces.
- Experience with the culture and ecosystem of Maui are integrated into curriculum at all levels.
- Maui Prep has a BYOT program (Bring your own technology) in the upper and middle schools. 1:1 Chromebooks are available in the lower school. Technology is intentionally integrated into our classrooms and curriculum to enhance teaching and learning.
State and National Profile
- Maui Prep's emphasis on meaningful community engagement results in many hours dedicated to nonprofit organizations. The Maui Prep Interact Club, sponsored by Maui Sunset Rotary Club, is a service club for upper school students who want to connect with other young people and have fun while serving their communities and learning about the world.
- Maui Prep produced its first National Merit Scholarship finalist in 2020.
- In its first outing, the Maui Prep "It's Academic Hawaii" team advanced to the the semifinals.
- Upper School students participate in at least one of the 10 sports offered through the school’s athletics program.
- Maui Prep holds two HHSAA team championships [Basketball (2022), Boys Golf (2022)]
- Our student-athletes have won 4 individual state championships and 27 MIL championship titles.
- In 2022, the boys basketball and boys golf teams won HHSAA state championships--the first for Maui Prep!