- Maui Prep is an independent, coeducational day school offering a college-preparatory program to 250 students in preschool through high school.
- Maui Prep welcomed 18 middle school students in 2005. Classes were originally held in banquet spaces in the now-demolished Kapalua Bay Hotel.
- Maui Land & Pineapple Company donated the 20 acres of land and existing buildings for the development of the school.
- Our student-teacher ratio is 9:1 and our average class size is 18 students.
- Our school is divided into four robust programs:
- Maui Prep is a nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Trustees made up of parents and community leaders concerned about the quality of education each child receives at Maui Prep.
Curriculum and Scholarship
- Our curriculum offers a broad knowledge base in math, science, world languages, English, and history. It is enriched by electives in music, theater, visual media, and competitive sports.
- Experiential, hands-on, and inventive courses and electives include class trips, robotics, and maker spaces.
- Experience with the culture and ecosystem of Maui are integrated into curriculum at all levels.
- The mean SAT test-score for the class of 2020 was 627 on the evidence-based reading and writing section and 593 on the math section. The mean total score was 1220.
- Maui Prep has a BYOT program (Bring your own technology) in the upper and middle schools. 1:1 Chromebooks are available in the lower school. Technology is intentionally integrated into our classrooms and curriculum to enhance teaching and learning.
State and National Profile
- Maui Prep's emphasis on meaningful community engagement results in many hours dedicated to nonprofit organizations. The Maui Prep Interact Club, sponsored by Maui Sunset Rotary Club, is a service club for upper school students who want to connect with other young people and have fun while serving their communities and learning about the world.
- Maui Prep produced its first National Merit Scholarship finalist in 2020.
- In its first outing, the Maui Prep "It's Academic Hawaii" team advanced to the the semifinals.
- The Upper School Science Olympiad team has produced XX regional and state winners.
- Upper School students participate in at least one of the 9 sports offered through the school’s athletics program.
- Our teams have won 4 state championships and 27 MIL championship titles.