Maui Preparatory Academy seeks a Middle and Upper School Math Teacher
Full-time faculty, $54,273 base salary or per years of experience and degrees
Maui Preparatory Academy is seeking a highly qualified upper school (6th-12th grade) math teacher for the 2023/2024 school year (start date: August 1, 2023).
The primary focus of the position will be in the High School (9th-12th grade).
- We seek a teacher who, through collaborating with others, is experienced in integrating higher level math content into other disciplines.
- The successful candidate may teach courses in the following content areas: geometry, various levels of algebra, precalculus, trigonometry.
- The ideal candidate will deliver a practical, hands-on approach to their classes, will leverage west Maui’s natural resources, and incorporate an “outdoor classroom” philosophy into appropriate portions of their instruction.
- The position requires maintaining a full teaching load, serving as an advisor to a small cohort of students, and actively supporting a variety of student life activities.
- Individuals with a related master’s or doctorate degree are preferred as are those individuals with experience working within a more progressive educational environment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Maui Prep’s School Goals and Purposes
The Maui Preparatory Academy program serves the needs, interests, and abilities of children in grades Preschool–12 whose educational goals include college-level academic work. The program is designed for students who seek a challenging learning environment with behavioral expectations at the same challenging level. The school provides a structured transition through the period of physical, emotional, and intellectual development between childhood and adolescence.
Maui Prep’s program serves the dual role of preparation for the immediate and well-defined future of the next grade and the largely unknown years to come. We attempt to include in our offerings experiences that help individuals accept changes in themselves and others. As a result, academic development and personal development go hand-in-hand as equal partners.
Maui Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.